What Does InCommN Do?
- Consult— with businesses, individuals, public entities, and non-profits
- Network— we network the networks
- Calendar—The best business calendar in Western Massachusetts
- Valley Venture Mentors—Support startup businesses
- Work with investors to build local businesses
Why Support InCommN?
Supporting InCommN is an investment in a valuable set of resources for the Western New England business community.
- InCommN Business Calendar. People have been talking for years about the need for a comprehensive, curated calendar of business events in our region. We stopped talking and built it.
- The News From InCommN is our weekly e-newsletter. It’s a preview of the following week’s business events, things to read, resources to discover, and independent commentary. A fresh, colorful newsletter comes out every Friday afternoon.
- InCommN blogs. Rick Feldman writes “The Mindful Entrepreneur,” thoughtful essays on business. Daniel Lieberman writes “The InCommN Almanac,” a personal journal of ideas and insights.
- Don’t Eat Lunch Alone (DELA). Twice a month in four Western Massachusetts communities, InCommN sponsors unique, free, open networking lunches. DELA is a way for the business, tech, and creative communities of Western Massachusetts to meet, make contacts, and exchange ideas.
- 21st Century Business Roundtables. Our Tuesday evening workshop series. We’ve had sessions this fall on the recently-repealed IT Tech Tax, What Entrepreneurs Need to Know about Equity Capital, Legal and Financial Issues for Entrepreneurs, and more.
What’s Next for InCommN?
We need your help to sustain these activities. But we really need your support to finance the creation of high-quality, searchable databases of skills and resources for Western New England.
- Skills Database: Imagine if businesses, non-profits, and public agencies could find skilled, local people to fulfill their needs for creaitve and technical work, and for the provision of contract services. Entrepreneurs and freelancers would have a place to list and showcase their skills and reach the potential customers and partners they need to find. InCommN is in the process of building this database right now.
- Resource Database: Entrepreneurs and freelancers are busy people. They need an efficient, up to date, curated portal to find the services and resources they need from public and private sources to get their work done and grow their businesses. One that they can trust to be comprehensive, current, and trustworthy. Once the Skills Database is up and running, this is our next big project.
We hope you will help us keep InCommN growing. We ask you to contribute $10.00 a month through PayPal to help finance our ongoing activities and our new projects. Supporters will receive the weekly News From InCommN, and will be the first to be featured in the Skills Database. We’re talking to people daily to find out what other services InCommN should offer. Please let us know what you need and how we can help you meet your specific challenges.