“The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself.”
Wallace Stevens, American poet, born October 2, 1879
Valley Venture Mentors Startups, Fall 2013
Congratulations to the companies who made the cut for VVM Fall 2013. It wasn’t easy for us to say no to any of the companies who applied. What a great group of entrepreneurs!
Here’s the line-up:
- Voncierge http://www.voncierge.com
- Worksafe Technology http://www.worksafetechnology.com
- Edgeflip http://edgeflip.com
- Fresh and Local http://eatfreshlocal.com
- KnowledgeWare 21http://kw21.com
- BYOFamily http://www.byofamily.com
- Lioness Magazine http://www.lionessmagazine.com
- Kloudbook http://www.kloudbook.com
- DJ Mix Jams http://www.djmixjams.com
- Mortgage Auction http://mortgageauction.com
I’m very excited to be working with Voncierge. The idea is great (go check it out), founder Mee-Jung Jang is impressive, and the upside is large. This is going to be fun.
|9:00-11:30AM||Boston||Workforce Training Fund Information|
Opportunity Cost and the Line to Buy the iPhone 5S This leaves out investment income, and early AM work foregone by self-employed consultants, who could be earning money at 5:00AM.
“…Ben estimates the amount of time spent in the line, converts a $80,326 median/average (huh? go read the original article!) income in the area to $40.16 an hour, and performs some multiplication. He arrives at an opportunity cost…$359.65 for the iPhone 5s line….”
The Last Word
“The precision of naming takes away from the uniqueness of seeing.”
—Pierre Bonnard, French painter, born October 3, 1867